Cross Cultural Leadership-English version
Challenging developments and seemingly unsolvable dilemmas require a way of thinking and working together, in which the potential of diversity (culture, generations, gender, etc.) is utilized. Organizations need Cross Cultural Leaders & Professionals to overcome dilemmas, promote agility and stimulate innovation. Dilemmas are numerous and take place on a personal, team and organizational level. It often seems as if the different perspectives are competing and it is not possible to combine them. You can not maintain the rules and allow exceptions. However, this can be achieved with Dilemma Reconciliation.
Diversity teaches that there are different logics to solve dilemmas. By looking for the underlying values, you can understand, respect and ultimately connect the various logics to mutual benefit. With Dilemma Reconciliation you can thus bridge the gap between different logics.
In this globalzing world, more and more people are operate in diverse teams. This course is meant for everyone that works within such a team or manages a diverse team.
This interdisciplinary course introduces participants to integrated principles of cross-cultural leadership. It aims to provide a new paradigm for looking at business practices in a global context and, thereby, prepare participants to act effectively in international business environments.
The following topics are covered:
- Culture and dealing with diversity
- The 7-Dimension Culture Model
- Own profile based on Intercultural awareness profiler
- Evidence Based Dilemma Reconciliation method
- (Intercultural) Communication with respect to dynamic judgment formation
Specific objectives include:
- To be aware of the background and content of dilemma theory and its relevance for business issues
- To gain knowledge of the methodology for reconciling dilemmas through a six-step process
- To apply the dilemma theory in practice and as such to be able to deal with specific challenges more effectively
- To develop practical skills and strategies for identifying and reconciling dilemmas
After the program participants should be:
- Better equipped to manage and benefit from cultural diversity in their day-to-day business dealings;
- Energized to apply the learning in their own organization.
- A highly interactive, result-oriented program
- The use of varied learning methods such as case studies, team assignments, roleplaying and exercises to facilitate different learning styles
- Aimed at providing truly pragmatic methodologies and processes that add value in the work place
- Facilitating team work and a peer coaching process to optimize the learning and benefit from the diversity within the group
Day 1 : 29 May 2019, 9.30-16.30
Day 2: 12 June 2019, 9.30-16.30
Intervision session: 10 July 2019, 13.00-16.00